Trump Says, 'Look What's Happening In Sweden.' Sweden Asks, 'Wait, What?'

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Feb 21 23:52:38 PST 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 05:46:22PM -0800, Razer wrote:

> On 02/21/2017 03:41 PM, Marina Brown wrote:
> >The "Moderate Opposition" was Al Queda. ISIS spun off from them because they were too
> >moderate.
> >
> >...but yeah it is true that these scumbags were funded by the State Dept to get rid of Assad.
>
> Actually ISIS traces farther back.... To Libya. Remember Libya? We turned it
> into an ashtray. A failed state like Somalia...

"failed state"?

NOW it's a failed state.

Before the West turned it into an ashtray it was where African
emmigrants to Europe usually stopped, got work and settled down, making
Libya one of the most prosperous and stable African nations for many
years. See also da Wiki:

"From 1977 onward, per capita income in the country rose to more than US
$11,000, the fifth-highest in Africa,[59] while the Human Development
Index became the highest in Africa and greater than that of Saudi
Arabia.[60] This was achieved without borrowing any foreign loans,
keeping Libya debt-free.[61]"

> As to Why The US Wanted Muammar al-Gadaffi Dead...
>
> The War On Libya Is A War On Most Of Africa
> http://auntieimperial.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-they-want-muammar-al-gadaffi-dead.html

The great quote from the top of that page:
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do.”"
~~~~ Samuel P. Huntington

Certainly that "financially independent, no foreign debt" was a standout
for Libya under Qaddafi, backed by his building a solid gold bullion
store for the country (nearly 150 tonnes).

Western meddling in foreign nations is disheartening and fundamentally
abominable.