The path of Islam is always the same.

Ben Tasker ben at bentasker.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 07:50:11 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> Now here's an angle I have not seen before - historical nation
> state wide religious changes.
>
> Interesting if true.
>

>From a quick search, it's technically true but potentially presented in a
misleading manner.

Afghanistan - Arrival of Islam 6AD
Lebanon - Arrival of Islam 7AD

The decline of Hinduism in Pakistan is more recent, and largely coincides
with when they gained independence - 1947. A lot of Hindu's left for India,
with a lot of Indian Muslims migrating to Pakistan.

You can do exactly the same for Christianity though, and at similar
distances into the past

Britain - Various Pagan gods (and Roman gods) supplanted by Christianity
France - Various Pagan gods
Scandinavia - Ditto
Africa - in various countries, misc gods replaced by either Christianity or
Islam

About the only takeaway really is that religions sometimes get replaced (or
"tweaked") by new religions, sometimes that's the result of a military
invasion, sometimes it just happens over time and sometimes there's no
change at all.

None of which should be particularly surprising.

IOW, the following claim is unsupported by the "evidence" provided

--
Ben Tasker
https://www.bentasker.co.uk