Twitter working on identifying permanently suspended users...

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Mon Feb 13 10:23:58 PST 2017

On 02/13/2017 09:27 AM, Aivon Gnaiden wrote:

> On 02/13/2017 08:29 AM, Razer wrote:
>> I've seen sites that appear to use the mac address of you computer to
>> effectively keep you from creating another account
> Websites can't see your mac, only the mac of the nearest router, which
> is not enough to identify the visitor even on small site.
>
> Flash cookies was a very common practice some time ago, though.

Ok then. Maybe they block the mac of the nearest router. At the time it
happened to me (4-5 years ago) I was always working over the same
wireless connection. Also, Computer 'names' are transmitted. One can see
that on IRC. I broke out of an email relay's black hole once by changing
my computer name (windows, a decade ago). Flash cookies are still quite
common even with the advent of cleaners that remove them. Hidden ones
might be harder to find unless you physically go searching for them.

Rr