Politicians Crypto, and Strange Unsuccessful Leaks

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Fri Feb 10 09:36:31 PST 2017

FYI: The White House employee who ensures Trump doesn’t get hacked has
been fired

"Donald Trump's administration has fired the White House's chief
information security officer, who was responsible for ensuring the
president and his closest staff were safe from cyber-attacks.

Cory Louie, who was appointed under President Obama, was reportedly
forced to resign and escorted from the building late last week.

His dismissal came shortly after it emerged that Mr Trump was still
using an unsecured and outdated Android phone to tweet - which could
make him particularly vulnerable to hackers.

The circumstances surrounding Mr Louie's departure remain unclear, but
ZDNet reported that he was “escorted out from his office in the
Eisenhower Executive Office Building across the street from the West Wing".

He was accused of "poor management", amid what was described as a
“toxic” working environment, the technology news site said.

Mr Louie's LinkedIn profile remains unchanged at the time of writing,
and reports of his dismissal are yet to be publicly confirmed by the
White House.

Remaining staff have “targets on their back” and are afraid of speaking
out, calling the actions a “witch hunt” for former Obama appointees, a
source who wished to remain nameless told ZDNet.

After holding various security positions at Dropbox and Google, Mr Louie
joined the White House as part of former President Obama's
cyber-security national action plan, which created a federal chief
information security officer (CISO) position to oversee the government's
internal cyber-security strategy..."

More:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-fire-white-house-cory-louie-us-president-not-hacked-chief-information-security-a7573351.html