Standup Comedy it was! Audio of 9th Circuit oral arguments in re Donald Trump's attempt to revive #MuslimBan

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Tue Feb 7 18:38:04 PST 2017

You aren't telling me anything I didn't know. Thanks for the elaboration
and the speculation on where the lower court went 'wrong' but the DOJ is
going to lose their appeal for an emergency stay.

"U.S. 9th Circuit judges appear to agree that states have standing to
challenge travel ban"

>  A panel of U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals judges pushed back on
> the notion that the state of Washington should not be allowed to sue
> on behalf of its resident immigrants to block President Trump's travel
> ban.
>
> They noted that the Supreme Court recently recognized that a wife
> could sue on behalf of her husband, an Afghan who was denied a visa to
> join her in the United States.
>
> "His wife was allowed to sue,” said Judge William Canby, referring to
> the case Kerry vs. Din.
>
> The exchange strongly suggests the judges believe the legal claim
> filed by Washington state lawyers will not be thrown out on standing.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-live-updates-9th-circuit-arguments-hold-government-urges-judges-to-at-1486505986-htmlstory.html

Rr