[AI] [researches] Asilomar AI Principles

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Wed Feb 1 06:21:13 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 07:21:02AM -0500, John Newman wrote:
> I signed it. #18 and #22 seem a bit fanciful if we get that far along, but laudable ;)
>
> I didn't see anything on there about giving strong AI, or mind uploads, any kind of rights of personhood.
>
> > https://futureoflife.org/ai-principles/

Nothing personal against the .org, but didn't sign it and stopped
reading after 2).

IMHO just utopian dreams.

AI in real world is for profit. They are relying on corrupt humans
(especially politicians) and fucked up software and hardware and they
expect the AI to be "nice" (not counting purely AI issues).

"dumb" Internet of Things is already enough of shit even without
"intelligence". This won't be Asimov's robots, more like "technological
singularity" (look it up on wikipedia).

While we are at it, please ask google's AI or start a petition so google
include this list in search results, lol.