How to act in self defense - concealed carry saves the day

Ben Tasker ben at bentasker.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 01:22:43 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Ray Cis <raycis at sigaint.org> wrote:

> > On Tue, Jan 31 01:45:24 -0100
> > "Ben Tasker" <ben at bentasker.co.ck>
> >
> > An alternative view of that situation, of course,
>
> Comes from a cucked citezen of the UK who cannot lawfully own a handgun.

Given that the per-capita rate of crimes the US counts as "Violent Crimes"
are an absolute shitload lower in the UK, I'm more than happy not to own a
handgun in exchange. Given the huge variance between what the US and UK
classify as a "Violent crime" the categorical numbers can't be compared
directly. If someone breaks into my house overnight, the probability of
them having a firearm is incredibly low, so I've got the option to go
downstairs and lamp them with whatever's at hand without worrying about
getting shot the second I appear on the stairs.

We had a shooting at a primary school, and it was decided that the costs of
handgun ownership were too high. Australia had something similar too before
they tightened controls.

The US had the Sandy Hook massacre, but seems to have decided that owning a
weapon is more important, despite repeated school shootings.

You might call the UK cucked, but that's still comparably better than
willingly standing by and watching the NRA fuck your kids to death.