[dave at horsfall.org: [TUHS] Happy birthday, Charles Babbage!]

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Dec 26 16:50:08 PST 2017

> On Dec 26, 2017, at 5:01 PM, Cecilia Tanaka <cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Dec 26, 2017 18:41, "grarpamp" <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> TUHS and Minnie go way back.
> 3c501 and MFM/RLL/ESDI, who still has those :)
> Props, and to those who were and are there.
>
> Did I mention today how much I love you, my dear grarpamp?  More than I love cute cupcakes, aww!  <3
>
> Oh, God, now I am very, very curious and feeling a stupid noob...  Well, I definitely am a complete noob, considering the only Minnie that I know is Mickey's girlfriend, d'oooh!  #fail  #sorry  :P

Haha, Minnie is the server that hosts The Unix Heritage Society (TUHS)
mailing list :).  Minnie.tuhs.org.  I believe the name dates back to when it
ran on Minix... there’s some info at the site.

As for TUHS, I just lurk on that fascinating and entertaining list, and try to
read as much of it as I have time for...

Cheers
John