Re: PapersPlease: “Continuous screening” means continuous surveillance and control

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 23 02:22:01 PST 2017

On 12/22/2017 10:33 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> https://papersplease.org/wp/2017/12/15/continuous-screening-means-continuous-surveillance-and-control/
>
> Today the Identity Project joins more than 20 other
> government-accountability and civil liberties organizations in a joint
> letter opposing S. 2192, the “SECURE Act of 2017”, which  was
> introduced in the Senate earlier this month and immediately placed on
> the Senate calendar for a floor vote at any time.
>
> The name of this bill is Newspeak. It is not about security, but about
> surveillance and control of immigrants, borders, and international
> travelers, including  U.S. citizens.

The long and the short of S. 2192 is that Trump get legal authority to
build a wall, and put cameras and stuff all along the border,
irrespective of any laws saying he cannot.

I cannot see how this impairs my rights, or anyone's rights, other than
the right of invaders who hope to invade, kill me and take my stuff.

I come in and go out by airport, where I already get survielled, so this
does not affect me in the slightest.  In only affects people who are
swimming the Rio Grande and suchlike.

---