[VICE] We need internet that isn't owned by big telecom

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Dec 19 05:02:02 PST 2017

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 02:16:08PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:11:37PM -0500, Michalis Kargakis wrote:
> > https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15947992
>
> Indeed we do.
>
> And we need computers (mobile pocketable or lappies as you will) as
> well... open HW FTW

Fully open source componentry, and eventually CPUs, is a medium term
goal for those targetting physical freedom in a technological world.

The EOMA project is still plodding away:
https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/a-tale-of-two-tools

along with other open hardware projects.

In the capitalist/ consumerist world, the power of the consumer is
limited to his/her choice of where to spend (or not spend) their
dollars.

And creators, those with capacity above mere consumption, can put
their time and efforts towards such projects.

Good luck all,