[Cryptography] Bitcoin theft and the future of cryptocurrencies

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 19:10:28 PST 2017

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 4:36 AM, James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
> On 12/20/2017 3:27 PM, grarpamp wrote:
>>
>> Bitcoin is nowhere near private or anonymous.
>> Genuine cryptographic privacy needed for that, such as found in
>> the Zerocash (Zcash) family of coins,
>

> We already are facing big trouble over scaling.  Zerocash is too damned
> slow.

https://z.cash/ shows near term updates coming that significantly
raise performance.

> I suggest that rather we should employ the coinjoin algorithm.

https://reddit.com/r/joinmarket

There are surely other mix implementations you could list,
including mix coins such as Monero, or simple swap services
such as helix / fogcore.

> Pretty soon, the state is going to declare some bitcoins to be "blood bitcoins".

Already happens, search: chainanalysis

> Coinjoin, like zerocash, makes
> equality of bitcoins a fact of mathematics, rather than a policy of humans.

Which is why all of swap / mix / privacy methods may be
useful in certain use cases. However as before in the Zcash
thread, in general, a well studied reviewed and used true cryptoprivacy
coin may seem to be most and long term resistant to analysis,
usage error, liquidity / anonymity set, unlike swaps / mixes.

Needless, untrustable, bloating, assertion.