RAYZER'S WET DREAM COME TRUE: BITCOIN CRASHES LOL

Marina Brown catskillmarina at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 16:50:06 PST 2017

On 12/22/2017 06:48 PM, John Newman wrote:

> On December 22, 2017 4:33:54 PM EST, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 2:56 AM, Gaycoin <getth at cumallover.me> wrote:
>>> Coin went from ~20K to almost half it's value in a few days.
>>
>> Normal, been there, done that...
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7leubr/fact_tonight_is_the_fifth_30_correction_of_2017/
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hlN2nel5HI
>>
>>> 1,000,000.00
>>> 100,000.00
>>> 10,000.00 <--- You are here
>>
>> At least two more magnitudes remain to unlock.
>>
>>> reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7leq7t/bought_at_19500_ama/
>>
>> For posterity...
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7le7t9/bitcoin_today/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7lhgeq/waking_up_today_and_checking_prices/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7lg5dt/quick_grab_the_offer/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7lfm1b/so_the_10k_prediction_by_the_end_of_the_year_was/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7lf70e/why_crypto_crashed_today/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7lhj3w/to_the_new_guys_lets_see_how_tough_you_really_are/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7ler9l/number_of_hodlers_with_strong_hands/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7lefhw/current_state_of_the_crypto_world/
>>
>> Whatever the new line of support ends up being,
>> it'll be a hella strong launchpad to the next one.
>>
>> Cryptocurrency is still early days, there are but three primary
>> rules...
>>
>> 1) Stay agile 2) Buy dips 3) HODL...
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90dQQYp2QWM
>> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=crypto+hodl
>>
>> and of course
>>
>> 4) Work on adoption while ignoring the markets
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lql_bwZoZs
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3cKBDBabtA
>>
>> 5) Spend and annoy a statist
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0XcvHgpTc
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJGmOnTURc
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOodUglSrk
>> or just live
>> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=living+on+bitcoin
>>

>>> Scumbags
>>
>> Some say BTC is pretty scummy with crazy fees and all...
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7ld7vp/greg_maxwell_uncorks_the_champagne_to_celebrate/
>>

>>> hemp
>>
>> Aren't there already some drug coins?
>> So buy some, smoke a lil, and dig the audiovisuals...
>> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marijuana+music
>> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=psychedelic+music
>>

>> In crypto we trust...
>
> A brief point... The whole proof of work calculation that is done
> in the process of Bitcoin activity would be far more
> interesting if it did something useful. I suppose this is
> much easier said than done - how do you precisely
> quantify "useful work" (eg crunching data on the genome,
> on folding proteins, on SETI, etc)...

One way a friend and i thought of was to use bitcoin tech but make the
coin far far more divisible - something like 10^10 or even more and have
the blocks signed by some sort of mint. The "mint: could be SETI or
genome projects or the like. The way we thought to get rid of the energy
problem would be to only issue a very very small portion of the blockchain.

The obvious problem is the centralization, though there could be many
signers that could issue work-coins for worthy projects.

Not sure if my understanding of the tech is right but it was something
we thought a bit about.