Apple iPhone - blatant crooks

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Fri Dec 22 04:30:54 PST 2017

There are lots of stories out there about this from the
past few days, I'm just pasting in what I was just reading -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/12/21/apple-iphone-battery-life-slow-iphone-performance-ios11-battery/

Basically, iOS has a "feature" that deliberately slows down
the phone based on the age of the battery. Apple's incentive
here is obvious - get you to upgrade to the latest & "greatest",
because damn the current model is really starting to feel
it's age... Of course they never publicized that they were doing
this or that a far cheaper battery replacement would restore
performance, a trade off that no doubt many users would've
made rather than shell out for a whole new model they don't
really need.

Some of the most crass and blatant profit driven software
engineering I can think of....

Cheers
John