[MONEY] tick tock, time's nearly up ... “this is a no-brainer”

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Dec 18 06:09:25 PST 2017

Not content to wait for China's oil←→yuan futures contracts and
bullion exchange services to start, various countries including
Russia and Iran have jumped the U$D gun to sell their oil for yuan
regardless …… TL;DR quotes below; ;; ; ;;;; ;; ;;; ; ; ;;; ;;

 Gold Will Soar… As China Kneecaps the Dollar
 And if it does Russia stands to benefit immensely
 http://russia-insider.com/en/gold-will-soar-china-kneecaps-dollar/ri21977
…
 Dr Ron Paul paraphrased: ‘we’ll know the dollar-centric monetary
 system is on its way out when countries start trading oil for gold
 instead of dollars.’
…
 “I spoke with officials at the Shanghai International Energy
 Exchange. They told me they plan to go live with it before the end
 of the year, or shortly thereafter.”
…
 “In October 2000, Saddam started to sell Iraqi oil in euro only. He
 said Iraq would no longer accept dollars for oil because it did not
 want to deal in the “currency of the enemy.”
 A little over two years later, the US invaded Iraq. After Baghdad
 fell to US forces, all Iraqi oil sales were switched back to
 dollars.”
…
 “The dollar is not just a currency. It’s a political weapon… and
 Washington is not shy about using it.”
…
 “The Saudis are clearly setting up the option to dump the
 petrodollar.
 If the Saudis start to sell oil to China in yuan, it would kill the
 petrodollar overnight.
 Short of that, things still look very dire for the petrodollar.”
…
 “The increased demand for gold from China’s “golden alternative” to
 the petrodollar is going to shock the gold market. And this demand
 shock clearly hasn’t been priced into the gold market yet.”
…