Bitcoin... Destroying the planet

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:45:31 PST 2017

> bitcoin generates huge amounts of pollution due to its electric demands

"The physical money we use today requires a total of 11 terawatt-hours per
year to produce. Gold mining, another very labor-intensive process,
requires as much as 132 terawatt-hours. These numbers make Bitcoin and its
8.27 terawatt-hours look like a science fair project."

https://themerkle.com/bitcoin-networks-electricity-consumption-is-lower-compared-to-printing-money/