What is consensus?

g2s g2s at riseup.net
Sun Dec 10 10:06:38 PST 2017

-------- Original message --------From: Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com> Date: 12/10/17  8:02 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org Subject: Re: What is consensus?
On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 07:42:02AM -0800, g2s wrote:
> Consensus is defined as agreement. Voting is one process to (hopefully) reach it.
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consensus

lol
"If voting could change things, it would have been outlawed." -- anon

Just check what fucks were elected by voting all over the world.

I was NOT making an argument that voting works to change anything systematic in media driven indoctrinated societies. I was simply defining the word... further consensus Agreement doesn't always work either, but if the "block" is honored it slows down the process and has potential for correcting mistakes that may be harder to repair after the fact.
Rr