Enron-type coverups do not typically exist

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:03:20 PST 2017

Most coverups don't really involve people grabbing reams of documents and
forcing them down shredders (although the Iran-Contra case comes to mind).
Instead they often involve deceiving their participants as to the necessity
as to continuing the coverup and the ongoing actions. Let's call this a
JFK-style coverup.

The most noteworthy JFK-style coverup would be the LAPD police cadet
scandal. (perhaps the Hollywood sex scandals would be better, but I suppose
in retrospect there is no good reason to lock a door from your desk)

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-cadets-thefts-timeline-20171201-story.html
(excerpts for maximal understanding)

”When you look back, you can say, ‘Well, how come no one noticed that?’”
said Frank. “We have a lot of young-looking officers. … There’s so many
officers that are looking like that, we’re at that stage where it’s not
that odd until after the fact.”

Cain’s attorney, Bill Seki, has denied his client had any knowledge of the
thefts. Seki has repeatedly accused the LAPD of using Cain as a “scapegoat”
and contends other officers were aware that the vehicles had been taken.

“They’re still trying to throw it at him, the easy target, protecting
others that would have been aware of it,” he said.

----

Basically he is pointing out the disingenuity of it all. I believe the ACLU
too has been disingenuous, and so has Black Lives Matter. They support
increased numbers of prosecutions of police brutality cases, and yet so
many times these cases yield not guilty verdicts. Even in the case where a
police officer shot a man because he smelled like weed (nevermind that
burnt weed is not that different a smell from industrial chemicals).

I just wonder how this could happen. It is such a mystery.

All these millions.

Going no where.

Can't figure it out.

Such a mystery.