Why I can't sleep soundly with blockchain, being the cypherpunk

\0xDynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 06:16:02 PDT 2017

> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 08:36:54AM +0300, Sergey Matveev wrote:
>> Everything is right here. Anyway you *will* depend on people, society,
>> its behaviour and huge quantity of empirical factors and assumptions. It
>> is not cypherpunk's reliable and risks-predictable world -- it has
>> nothing in common. Replacing the need to trust the human, with the need
>> to trust the algorithm and technology -- that *is* the exact reason why
>> I am interested in crypto. Requiring and depending on society again --
>> that is the exact reason why I standing aside from blockchains. They do
>> not offer any guarantees[4], but likelihoods, lottery.
>
> But this is the point - exchange of energy between humans, whether
> money, voluntary labour, crypto money, barter of food or other goods,
> these things ALWAYS depend on other humans - that is (how ever
> unfortunate this might be) the nature of involvement with other
> humans and with interacting with other humans.

I am curious about Sergey's point.  While humanity is generally a
piece of shit, they are akin to a cancer patient whose every cell has
been infected -- they themselves are not guilty, they are product of
external factors that are larger than them.  Ultimately, like all
mammals, they are organized around the heart (that's what separates
them from lizards), so that natural force can be harnessed.

This is also why technological solutions have not been affective.  If
you take my premise that humans are organized around the heart, then
pure rationalism will fail to lead them because their minds are
already infected and they distrust it.  So, in a way, the same forces
of the heart are already working -- too block further memetic codons
from creating more nucleic load.

> So when it comes to exchange of energy of any form between humans,
> you will always be involved with other humans, to a greater or lesser
> degree :)

Yeah, humans are both the cause and the cure.  The major source of
inadequacy in THIS population (crypto-anarchists) is the failure to
examine why the 60's failed to produce the revolution it desired.  It
had love, peace, and an awesome soundtrack -- yet it failed.

The only reason I've found in my analysis is that it was missing
either truth or justice (in some way they HADN'T recognized) or both.
Both of these are necessary for peace.  Without truth, people argue.
Without justice. people continue fighting.

\0xd