Why I can't sleep soundly with blockchain, being the cypherpunk

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Aug 30 21:15:21 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 08:36:54AM +0300, Sergey Matveev wrote:
> Everything is right here. Anyway you *will* depend on people, society,
> its behaviour and huge quantity of empirical factors and assumptions. It
> is not cypherpunk's reliable and risks-predictable world -- it has
> nothing in common. Replacing the need to trust the human, with the need
> to trust the algorithm and technology -- that *is* the exact reason why
> I am interested in crypto. Requiring and depending on society again --
> that is the exact reason why I standing aside from blockchains. They do
> not offer any guarantees[4], but likelihoods, lottery.

But this is the point - exchange of energy between humans, whether
money, voluntary labour, crypto money, barter of food or other goods,
these things ALWAYS depend on other humans - that is (how ever
unfortunate this might be) the nature of involvement with other
humans and with interacting with other humans.

So when it comes to exchange of energy of any form between humans,
you will always be involved with other humans, to a greater or lesser
degree :)

Sorry to state the obvious, I mean no disrespect.

Regards,
Zenaan