Jewgle's Employee Manifesto Becomes Cancer

Danielle thisbitchshould at getbackinthe.kitchen
Sun Aug 6 12:21:00 PDT 2017

> Danielle thisbitchshould at getbackinthe.kitchen
> Sun Aug 6 12:16:00 PDT 2017
>
> diversity post

We have a response and the cancer cannot be contained.  Pics related.

Update 7:25pm ET:
Google’s new Vice President of Diversity, Integrity & Governance,
Danielle Brown, issued the following statement in response to the
internal employee memo:

Googlers,

I’m Danielle, Google’s brand new VP of Diversity, Integrity &
Governance. I started just a couple of weeks ago, and I had hoped to
take another week or so to get the lay of the land before introducing
myself to you all. But given the heated debate we’ve seen over the past
few days, I feel compelled to say a few words.

Many of you have read an internal document shared by someone in our
engineering organization, expressing views on the natural abilities and
characteristics of different genders, as well as whether one can speak
freely of these things at Google. And like many of you, I found that it
advanced incorrect assumptions about gender. I’m not going to link to it
here as it’s not a viewpoint that I or this company endorses, promotes
or encourages.

Diversity and inclusion are a fundamental part of our values and the
culture we continue to cultivate. We are unequivocal in our belief that
diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as a company, and
we’ll continue to stand for that and be committed to it for the long
haul. As Ari Balogh said in his internal G+ post, “Building an open,
inclusive environment is core to who we are, and the right thing to do.
‘Nuff said. “

Google has taken a strong stand on this issue, by releasing its
demographic data and creating a company wide OKR on diversity and
inclusion. Strong stands elicit strong reactions. Changing a culture is
hard, and it’s often uncomfortable. But I firmly believe Google is doing
the right thing, and that’s why I took this job.

Part of building an open, inclusive environment means fostering a
culture in which those with alternative views, including different
political views, feel safe sharing their opinions. But that discourse
needs to work alongside the principles of equal employment found in our
Code of Conduct, policies, and anti-discrimination laws.

I’ve been in the industry for a long time, and I can tell you that I’ve
never worked at a company that has so many platforms for employees to
express themselves—TGIF, Memegen, internal G+, thousands of discussion
groups. I know this conversation doesn’t end with my email today. I look
forward to continuing to hear your thoughts as I settle in and meet with
Googlers across the company.

Thanks,
Danielle