new idea for random number generation

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:44:33 PDT 2017

On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:18:43 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> >> Only physical sources can generate real entropy in this sense:
> >> Decaying isotopes, noise from a leaky diode, tumbling dice,
> >> snapshots of variable hardware states in a computer (least
> >> significant n. digits of CPU temperature, fan speed, keystroke
> >> intervals, etc.) do qualify as entropy;
> >
> > That's part of the question, are those things deterministic, albeit
> > at several more orders maginitiudes than our computers?
>
> Again, the outputs of these processes can not be predicted unless
> their inputs are under precise control,

	and in the case of noise in semiconductors, in theory you'd
	need knowledge of the state of a few million atoms. How many
	atoms in say 1mg of silicon?*

	Even the most deranged, braind-dead-public-education 'believers'
	in 'science' might conclude that no technological device can
	'predict' noise inside a $0.01 diode.

*silicon's molar mass is 28 so, 28g of silicon have 6x10^23 atoms**  -
So 1mg of silicon has ~ 2x10^18 atoms - give or take a few decades.

**I always wonder where the fuck does that number come from, but I'm
asuming it's more or less correct.

	bottom line, looks like trivial hardware random number
	generators can be built easily, without any mathematical pseudo
	random bullshit.

	http://www.cryogenius.com/hardware/rng/

	http://holdenc.altervista.org/avalanche/

	et cetera