new idea for random number generation

\0xDynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 13:51:03 PDT 2017

On 8/4/17, Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 01:54:06PM -0500, \0xDynamite wrote:
>> Speaking of cryptography (harhar), I was contemplating an idea to
>> generate random streams of random numbers using chaos theory (not the
>> first), specifically the logistic equation [3.5x(1-x)], when I came
>> across the argument (http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~wagner/laws/chaos.html)
>> that such generators are "psuedo-random", but I don't think is true.
>
> I would suggest to make a toy implementation say in pari/gp or sagemath
> and then evaluate it.
> [...]
> Per rough memories the number Pi failed the crypto randomness test.
> According to some "there is order in chaos, especially fractals" ;)

That raises an interesting question:  if this is true, then pi may be
a phenomenon of external sources.  For example, pi could be equal to
2.0... on a curved surface, namely a sphere (equator and the
longitudinal diameter through the pole = 2.0).  There is something
that keeps pi on a flat surface to give it it`s irrational value.
(How can you be sure of your measure without the concept of "perfectly
flat"?)

Marxos