opennic is safe ?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Aug 28 20:27:25 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:40:05AM +0800, James A. Donald wrote:
> On 2017-08-29 07:31, juan wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 06:22:36 +0800
> > "James A. Donald" <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
> >
> > > At present it is apparent that the regular name system is owned by
> > > enemies and Tor is owned by enemies - Tor would not block child porn,
> > > they would not block drug dealing,  but block nazis,
> >
> > 	how does tor 'block nazis'? are you talking about so called
> > 	'hidden' services?
>
> After Stormfront was shut down, it was recreated on a tor hidden service, which was then throttled down to
> unusuability.

It is possible that Weev does not actually know that it takes at
least a few days, and really a few weeks, to build up a Tor-network
profile whereby other nodes and willing to accept significant traffic
from the new node - this is my understanding of how Tor relays work.

It is of course also possible that there is an intended and targetted
clampdown on TDS.

But the first step is to grok how Tor works, and eliminate such a
possibility.

Ultimately, Tor has a crippled TCP underlying protocol/comms layer -
a new UDP (or even lower) protocol layer is ultimately needed so that
a free speech network becomes a proper switched network.  But that's
another of those things that Tor "strangely" keeps failing to get
funding for...