Noam Chomsky ***** ***** *** ******* ***** - [ PFKR ] SciAmerican: Google Engineer Fired for Sexist Memo Isn't a Hero

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Mon Aug 28 12:30:18 PDT 2017

On 08/20/2017 10:48 PM, Razer wrote:

> On 08/20/2017 06:35 PM, ZeNazi wrote:
>>
>>> Because the only people who would really care are people with agendas,
>>> and that's the truth.
>> Yep, the only people who really care about facts, have an agenda, so
>> STFU about these particular facts, or face the wrath of Razer, the
>> intellectual fraud.
>

> Example: the only people who promulgate holocaust denial are those who
> have something to gain from denying it.
>
> Rr

In part that depends on the definition of "denial."  I have not made a
special effort to evaluate the claims pro and con, but from what I have
seen it does appear that:  1)  It definitely happened, no question about
that, but 2) the numbers were significantly exaggerated, even above and
beyond Zionist propaganda counting /all/ the casualties as Jewish.

Lots of people would call that "Holocaust Denial."  It's illegal to say
say those things in Germany, last I heard.

> Ps. I've never claimed to be an 'intellectual'. Ever.

People call Chomsky an "intellectual" so often that I have to wonder if
it's on his business card and letterhead, and the short list of branding
themes his publicist carries around.

I would be more likely to call Chomsky an "ideologue."  Every few years
Chomsky makes a cluster of widely publicized statements indicating a
rational, practical understanding of political affairs.  But that
appears to be loss leader material aimed at attracting attention,
because soon after, widely publicized straight up Party Line propaganda
follows.  Me:  "Has Chomsky gone off the reservation?" Me one week
later: "Nope, back to the same old prollfeed for self identifying Middle
Class Liberals."

So when Chomsky says that studies with a potential to disclose
information with beneficial medical applications is "of no value," he
means "of no value to my mission as a propagandist."

At one time, eugenics told us all about which "races" are morally and
intellectually better or worse than others, which gave a lovely veneer
of Scientism to the work of violent racist political factions.  In
reaction against this, the behavioral and social sciences adopted an
equally politicized position that all humans are born as blank slates
with identical potentials in every area, period, and set about proving
it to the best of their ability.  Today, this seems to have mostly
sorted itself, and genetics, the prenatal chemical environment, and the
impact of post-natal environmental imprints and conditioned responses
are all recognized as contributory factors to cognitive and behavioral
traits that vary from person to person.

Propagandists need all-encompassing talking points; their audiences
demand instant E-Z unchanging one size fits all answers and "If I don't
provide them, someone else will."  Never mind the cha-ching of the cash
register in the background, and the resulting inability of their
indoctrinated audiences to do anything but fight among themselves as
directed while their rulers make all the decisions that control their
lives and destinies.

So they sigh, shake their heads sorrowfully and say "Some problems won't
be solved in our lifetimes," and get back to work making things worse
because the mortgage doesn't pay itself.

:o/