WiFi-Aware (NAN)

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Tue Aug 22 15:39:31 PDT 2017

On 08/22/2017 02:39 PM, Umair Chachar wrote:
> No idea what you meant by your last Milton Friedman remark. Maybe you're
> trying to reference to my suggestion of Friedman. However, Capitalism
> got murdered in the recent years because of the left's unending desire
> for big government.

Capitalism "got murdered"?

I guess the L Curve model will need to be revised or discarded then.

http://lcurve.org

The perpetrator who murdered Capitalism was someone called "the left"?
Where can I donate to their legal defense fund?  Just kidding... in real
life there is no Left or Right except as closely allied, mutually
dependent criminal gangs competing for larger shares of plunder.

In the context of popular political beliefs, Left and Right mean Good
and Evil relative to which end of the scale the True Believer at hand
identifies with.  This result has been obtained by a complex of long
term domestic and international political warfare strategies I call
Divide The Conquered.

People with a neurotic fixation on the notional Left / Right scale
present very convincing rationalizations and context-free cherry picked
data proving that Left and Right are fundamentally different, even
opposites.  They are supported by whole industries devoted to promoting
these beliefs and their common frame of reference.  But when implemented
as State policy, Left and Right ideologies are most distinguishable by
which of their common mechanisms are publicized and which are hidden
from public view.

Once the above frame of reference is on the table, we may see options
other than participating in the Divide The Conquered game where by
definition we start and finish glued into the loser's seat.  Until we do
find other options, business as usual is safe from meddling by the great
unwashed masses whose proper place is on a treadmill of production /
consumption that powers their rightful owners' enterprises, amusements
and conflicts.

:o)