Is a BTC - BCC flippening in the offing?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Aug 18 15:23:40 PDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 05:04:46PM -0300, Juan wrote:
> > A currency can't just be used for gambling and have any lasting
> > value. Fees are so high on BTC as preclude any use BUT gambling
> > whereas BCCs are back where BTC was 2 years+ ago. Imagine if USD
> > could only be used for bank wires and SWIFT settlement. How useful
> > would it be to most people?
>

> 	Yes, limiting bitcoin to high value transactions, digital gold
> 	style, would limit its utility as 'currency'.  So the second
> 	layer approach can make sense after all...
>
> 	Disclaimer : I don't necessarily trust blockstream either...

Fundamentally, the only sane position to take when greed is most
likely at play.

With this BTC fork, DCs seem to be able lubricate the "maximising
collective (miners in this instance) self interest" motive (for now
at least), as compared to the "resignedly accept the status quo (on
existing fiat pyramids), thereby maximizing the self interest (wealth
transfer towards) a much smaller few".