Is a BTC - BCC flippening in the offing?

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:21:53 PDT 2017

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:40:24 -0500
Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 12:30 PM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 09:29:54 -0500
> > Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > [Disclosure: I am a strong supporter of L1 (Blockchain scaling)
> > > occurring before any L2 (e.g., Segwit, Blockstream, Lightening
> > > Network, etc.) is attempted. And even then all L2 must be
> > > thoroughly examined not only for technical flaws but for possible
> > > misuses
> >

> >         misuses such as? And who is going to do the examination?
> >

> For example, Lightning Networks, due to the methods of "channel"
> controls, can enable fractional reserve of the blockchain assets.

	As far as I know payment channels only allow you to use the
	amount of btc you transferred to the channel.

	OK, maybe it's possible to explicitly create a 'fractional'
	system but that's not how  the lightning network protocol is
	supposed to operate.

> Members of the community with the technical chops do the exams.
> However, politics and self-interest being what they are I have little
> doubt the debates will be 'lively' and degenerate into the usual ad
> hominem as occurred in the lead up to the current fork.

	I guess it's a matter of "wait and see". Oh, so BCH price has
	doubled in a couple of days....but I don't think that means much
	since a lot of what's going on in cryptocurrency 'markets' is
	just gambling.