Is a BTC - BCC flippening in the offing?

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 11:52:22 PDT 2017

They may be separate but they are not unrelated. There is only so much
mining power and its distribution affects both (actually all) chains.

Speaking of which BCC has reach the price (0.153 BTC), calculated on reddit
by Jonathan Vaage, at which mining on BCC (including all costs and rewards)
is better. This has become a rallying and resistance level and the battle
has been joined between these armies of miners, traders, whales, etc.

The next scheduled (not 20% emergency) difficulty adjustment comes in just
a few days for BCC (could be this weekend). After that, BTC also adjusts in
a few days. If a flippening is in the offing I think it would come shortly
after the BTC adjustment. If the miners in a major cartel then flee to BCC,
it will leave BTC bereft of hash power and block intervals could explode
preventing any practical use of the blockchain (a Chain Death Spiral). If
so, Core supporters will probably be forced into using similar "emergency"
difficult adjustments (even though they tried to humiliate Cash advocates
about this methodology before the fork).

--
Creator of the Warrant Canary and the Street Performer Protocol. Wi-Fi
standard spec. creation participant and co-developer of eCache. Director at

Shameless self-promoter :)