Is a BTC - BCC flippening in the offing?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Fri Aug 18 09:55:10 PDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 09:29:54AM -0500, Steven Schear wrote:
> original) and Cash. When the fork happened those holding BTC (in their own
> wallets) were also able to claim an equal amount of BCC (for free). This
> created a huge supply of BCC. However, many or most people rarely keep

Isn't this setting a very dangerous precedent of doubling bitcoin +
derivatives? One of the things I liked most in the btc design was its
resemblance of the gold standard -- the maximum amount of btc was known
and fixed. Now they are violating this by creating "derivatives" out of
nothing like the fucked up real world financial system. Hypothetically
if in the future they fork $n$ times, they will increase the amount of
btc + derivatives by factor of $2^n$.

Currently I recommend to the btc overlords in future forks to keep the
amount of btc + derivatives fixed, possibly by choose ``old XOR new
btc''.