Russian banks, Moscow exchange, to spearhead crypto currencies/ DCs race

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 18:47:34 PDT 2017

Unless its a permissionless blockchain its just hype.

Warrant Canary creator

On Aug 17, 2017 8:23 PM, "Zenaan Harkness" <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

Well, well, well :)

I remember when I was a youngish child hearing my significant elders
using the phrase "how about those clever Japanese!" in relation to
some new SONY Walkman or whatnot.

Perhaps the phrase for for our 3rd millennium shall be "how about
those rational Russians!"

(BTW, since it's a thousand years, not a million years, surely it
should be called a thillenium, not a millenium?)

** Russia Turns to Cryptocurrencies to Counter US Sanctions
http://russia-insider.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?
u=fa2faf7034c3c3c413cb3652f&id=bd3d211491&e=5110f4b440
https://tomluongo.me/2017/08/13/russia-embrace-blockchain-counter-sanctions/
by Tom Luongo on Wed, Aug 16, 2017
The central depository for the Moscow Exchange, National Settlement
Depository (NSD), announced that it is developing a platform to
provide accounting services for digital assets like cryptocurrencies.
The platform looks to be build a unit of account, very important in
the volatile crypto-space, for people to value their assets in and
have access to through a wallet platform. In short, the Moscow
Exchange is taking a page out of Dan Larimer’s BitShares and its
OpenLedger exchange to provide trading and accounting and banking
services all validated and accessible through the blockchain.