Australia's most significant free speech court case ever, begins in our highest court tomorrow -- [personal at bernardgaynor.com.au: Battle to preserve our freedoms before High Court on Friday]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Aug 16 19:57:16 PDT 2017

Here in Australia, the High Court is our highest court.

Bernard Gaynor stands for the right (specifically here, of government
employees) to speak their political views in a private capacity, when
not at work.

Bernard Gaynor is a conservative, and so his political views have
been well against the "Liberal Lefty" mainstream of Western
ideological indocrination.

Notwithstanding whether one agrees with Bernard Gaynor, or holds
different views to any extent, the principle at stake in this
landmark Australian High Court case is the right to express or
communicate one's views publicly, in your private capacity, even when
you're employed by the government.

 -- Make no mistake, this is a landmark case, whatever the legal
    outcome;
    and the outcome of this court case shall definitively and
    decisively affect all "political discourse" (that's our "free
    speech", which is any speech which may be considered political in
    character), in Australia!

(I'm not sure if this is the High Court, or the High Court "Full
Court" or "Court of Appeal" - the point being there may yet actually
be another, final round.)

This court case is a fantastic opportunity for Australia's High Court
Jusitices to do Australia proud and proclaim our free speech rights,
or alternatively to cower behind some irrelevant legal point of
minutiae, and completely avoid the salient issue at stake, which
judging by the enormous and persistent support Bernard Gaynor
continues to receive, is an issue of great importance to the
Australian people (Bernard was completely unable to fund the huge
onslaught of court cases that have been belligerently brought against
him, and it has literally been grass small donations that have fueled
this fundamental fight on the rights of our fellow Australians).

To all newcomers to this very public Australian debate - the ruling
to be handed down in due course, is NOT anything to do with the
rights of homosexuals, lesbians nor any minority group in Australia;
neither is this a court case about whether the Australian army should
or should not be engaged in the annual Mardi Gras and or other
LGBTTQQPP events;

no, this court case is about one thing, and one thing only - the
right of all Australians to speak their political views publicly.

Do we have free speech in Australia, or do we not? --- This is the
question that Australia's High Court is going to decide quite soon,
and this is why this court case is one that absolutely ought be
supported by all sides of the various "socio-political" debates that
humans love to get emotionally involved in.

I encourage everyone to make even a very small donation to support
Bernard in concluding this important court case.

Regards,
Zenaan

(PS trying again with my normail email addy - looks like the posting
 rules have been tightened up.)

----- Forwarded message from Bernard Gaynor <personal at bernardgaynor.com.au> -----