[pfiir at pfinr.org: [ PFFR ] Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral']

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Aug 7 17:47:13 PDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 06:51:47PM -0300, Juan wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 16:21:37 +1000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 07:38:08PM -0300, Juan wrote:
> > > 	If you actually were anti state you'd be against the family
> > > too, because the family is the source of all the authoritarian
> > > 	nonsense or 'culture' that makes the state possible.
> >
> > Of course the logic in this is logical, but ...

> > Point being, broken families in no way guarantee something other than
> > maintenance of a despotic authoritarian state!
>
> 	I don't think the difference between 'broken' families and
> 	'good' families makes too much sense. Good cops are dead cops.

I keep read you saying "any family is a bad family, since family
perpetuates bad stuff".

That won't wash with me. You'll need a more cogent argument than ...

> 	Of course, some families are worse than others but they all
> 	operate on the same authoritarian principle : "my house, my rules"

... "they're all bad"

> 	And people who have been subjected to such 'philosophy' since
> 	they are born will then accept state authority as something
> 	'normal'.

Just because you cannot conceive of a functional family where
something other than "arbitrary" is inculcated, taught and lived,
doesn't mean other folks have not lived in successful non-arbitrary
dictatorships.

And just because some people may have experienced quite functional
families, as in a useful environment for discovery of life and
oneself, and actually achieved becoming a reasonable adult, does not
mean that most "families" in "modern" "society" might be quite
dysfunctional in various ways - our schooling system certainly
perpetuates (creates!) a bunch of psychological problems which then
permeate the families of those who have those problems and try to
create a functional family.

But even to decry our fellow human's' attempts to create functional
families, when those attempts are genuine/ sincere, before the fact,
is frankly absurd.

Perhaps your usually rigiorous logic has fallen to dysfunctional past
experiences on this occasion Juan?