[Cryptography] How to find hidden/undocumented instructions

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:09:08 PDT 2017

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Rui Paulo <rpaulo at me.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2017, at 22:49, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is nice work. These sort of fuzzers and searchers need a
>> distributed network version to cover more space deeper and faster.
>
> I attended his talk at DEF CON.  I’m not sure if it’s in the slides, but he can do a full run in a day or less by using multiple cores and with some nice optimizations, so I don’t think we need any distributed network.

Define "full run". Brief read of paper seems the software is not
designed to exhaust all possible instructions... ie: from 0x0 to 0xf....
Even if some distributed platform did, which would be good research project,
it would not come close to knocking the doors of any hidden Easter Eggs
as the potential trigger combinations there are much more vast.

#OpenFabs, #OpenHW, #OpenSW