new idea for random number generation

\0xDynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:15:46 PDT 2017

On 8/4/17, Randydandy <randydandy at randydandy.de> wrote:
>> Would not a coin flip with the exact same initial parameters (height,
>> force, deterministic air currents, and striking surface) have the same
>> result?
>[...]
> The problem with your algorithm is that there are no parameters that
> would be unknown. Only if you get randomness from another source as
> parameters which makes this pseudo random.

Okay, I should know this, but who came up with the idea of using
random-number generators for ciphers anyway?  Most XOR ciphers (which
is unbreakable if, for example, you use a key as long as the text) use
a key as a source, AFAIK.  Anyone have a reference?

Now, chaotic functions are known mathematically to be "topologically
complete" (I believe that's the term I learned) -- that means they
will cover every number in the range.  An amazing feat:  consider if
you're using  2^63 (which will fit in ONE world)  to express your real
number in the logistic function.  Your chance of landing on a already
visited number is 9.22^308 -- beyond the scale of indexing every atom
in the universe.

So, in theory you have both an UNBREAKABLE and PRACTICAL cipher
method:  use the logistic function to make a pseudo-random number
generator, think of unique words that you can transform into your seed
values, and communicate those "humane" keys to your recipient.

How can you possibly break this (apart from psychological tactics of
guessing the words used to create the seed values)?

Marxos