But you knew that right? "Your 'Anonymous' Browsing Data Isn't Actually Anonymous"

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Fri Aug 4 12:06:31 PDT 2017

On 08/04/2017 09:50 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 08:48:11AM -0700, Razer wrote:
>>> To answer this question, Eckert had her colleague delete one browser
>>> plugin every hour until he disappeared from the live data. On the
>>> seventh plugin, he disappeared. This suggested that the plugin
>>> collecting and selling his browser data was, ironically enough, called
>>> Web of Trust, which offers "free tools for safe search and web browsing."
>>>
>> https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gygx7y/your-anonymous-browsing-data-isnt-actually-anonymous
> With at least 7 plugins of this kind the lusers have bigger problems
> than just passive browsing history.
>
> btw, the history in the image appears entirely of porn to me.

hotmovs.com. I think that screenshot was chosen for 'impact'. The author
didn't state if it was her voluntary cohort/acquaintance's  browser history.

For the record, Facebook's "comment plugin" no longer works if NoScript
is enabled (McClatchyDC) even if you 'allow all globally'. I suspect the
XSS filter is still active but haven't checked. There's no "Please turn
off adblocker" message. Perhaps sites that make the bulk of their
revenue from targeted advertising are getting a little testy.

Rr