Global Energy

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Aug 2 18:28:20 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 02:01:15PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/17/08/01/2019230/us-nuclear-comeback-stalls-as-two-reactors-are-abandoned
>
> In a major blow to the future of nuclear power in the United States,
> two South Carolina utilities said on Monday that they would abandon
> two unfinished nuclear reactors in the state, putting an end to a
> project that was once expected to showcase advanced nuclear technology
> but has since been plagued by delays and

> massive cost overruns due to uncontrolled graft and corruption,

TFTFY

Just like the F-35 JSF.

The real news?  Oil industry execs knows that the byproducts of
the generation of particulates and plant food for our planet will be
their last salvation (albeit with greatly reduced profffit$$$) in the
Nickola Tesla era now looming, and nuclear is a seriously unwanted
competitor.