[tor-talk] Tor ban discussion at Russian state Duma

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Aug 2 06:44:45 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 05:16:34PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 10:59 PM, krishna e bera <keb at cyblings.on.ca> wrote:
> > Followup: laws passed.
> >
> > "
> > President Putin has signed a law that, as of November 1st, bans
> > technology which lets you access banned websites, including virtual
> > private networks and proxies. Internet providers will have to block
> > websites hosting these tools.
> >
> > Accordingly, the President has signed another law requiring that chat
> > apps identify users through their phone numbers after January 1st, 2018
> > "
> >
> > https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/30/russian-censorship-law-bans-proxies-and-vpns/
>
> This is very poor, as the fundamental concepts of society and
> interpersonal as we know it require to have private comms on
> various things, this rational extend from in person to over distance.
> We have no human capability to even imagine nonprivate world,
> let alone spy world, as is not human. So fuck RU and FVEY...
> they idea are not human but maniac. Resist. Do crypto. Do
> political action for human.

This is gonna be one of the largest litmus tests the world has ever
seen, for the human dynamic of

   tacit consent (compliance, resignation)

     vs.

   active non-consent - opposition by conscientious personal action

It is one thing for a government to target corporations, which are
natural allies of the spy state apparatus since corporations are
artificial entities created by the state's fictional statute laws,

and another thing altogether for the state to criminalize exercise
by individuals of their commonly understood rights to personal and
interpersonal behaviour - in this case, communication with one
another in private, when two humans so choose to do.

If Russians fail to live their rights on this one and criminal
penalties prevail over individual humans over some period of time
(i.e. not enough Russians live their personal individual rights in
conscientious objection to the law being applied to individual
humans), then most other countries around the world rapidly follow
suit (governments will relish this Russian precedent with glee).

Target the corporations - they are fictional entities anyway.

But target your humans individually in this way and you ultimately
create a people who cower in fear of their own government - and
Russians are no stranger to the tyranny of a government seized of the
unquestionability of its ideology.

Good luck, and live your rights if you have the courage..