Men Without Work

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Sun Apr 2 20:22:37 PDT 2017

On 04/02/2017 07:27 PM, Mirimir wrote:
> From John Mauldin's blog.[0]
>
> | I have been promising a review of Nicholas Eberstadt’s
> | very important book, Men Without Work: America’s Invisible
> | Crisis. The book is relatively short at 216 pages, but it
> | is packed with meaty facts and insights. ... The “invisible
> | crisis” that the author is writing about is at the very
> | center of our economic and political turmoil.
> |
> | At its heart, the book is about the fact that there are some
> | 10 million American men of prime working age (25 to 54) who
> | have simply dropped out of the workforce, and the great
> | majority of them have not only dropped out of the workforce,
> | they have also dropped out from any commitments or
> | responsibilities to society. It is not just the labor force
> | they are not participating in; they are not participating
> | in the normal ebb and flow of community life.
> |
> | As we shall see, a single variable – having a criminal record
> | – is a key missing piece in explaining why work rates and
> | LFPRs have collapsed much more dramatically in America than
> | other affluent Western societies over the past two generations.
> | This single variable also helps explain why the collapse has
> | been so much greater for American men than women and why it
> | has been so much more dramatic for African American men and
> | men with low educational attainment than for other prime-age
> | men in the United States.
>
> That is, with admittedly some license taken, it is arguably the bloody
> War Against Drugs that has been destroying the US economy and culture.
>
> Oops :(
>
> 0) http://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts/men-without-work

Leading to more people using drugs... But if you can wrangle a gubmint
dys-ability check they'll give you REALLY good PHARMA drugs you can take
or sell to survive and pump them into the black market to those poor
unfortunates who don't while enriching the likes of Donald Rumsfeld.

Speaking of poor unfortunates...

It's World Autism Awareness day...

A message of sympathy from human society’s Correct Cognitives, Autists,
to the Earth’s unfortunates ones:

http://auntieimperial.tumblr.com/post/159095289989