Why I just left reddit.

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Apr 1 22:49:06 PDT 2017

On 04/01/2017 11:27 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> Eternal september overruns all else in such magnitudes
> that the result of any moderation is still overrun. And when
> september are the moderators, there can be no other
> result expected. Nor are there API's you can plug your
> own bayes filters into. It's more fun to...

It does seem hopeless.

> 1) Skim the surface for news and useful bits, as in,
> is going to work in the morning still relavant.

I've come to count on HN for that :)

> 2) Forget about having surface convos and just bot their
> forums from mod disposable accounts with random
> links / educational activism you want them to see.
> This is low cost win.

Yeah, I was about ready to leave reddit anyway. I just can't get it up
for n00b questions anymore. RTFM is so tempting, but not useful. I've
tried so hard to write manuals that anyone could follow, but then
people's eyes glaze. Maybe I should steal this guy's slider design:
http://getcoleman.com/ ;)

> 3) Spend time in the darkwebs that at least
> require all participants to deploy tech to access.
> Further from the surface the more interesting.

Yeah, true enough.