Adding [Cypherpunks] at the beginning of a subject by default

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Apr 29 00:37:38 PDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 01:41:46AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> No, the real standard in use decades before the masses fucked up
> the internet is to use a capable mailer and capable filters and conform
> yourself to the awesome. If you're getting too much mail, turn it into not
> much mail with neomutt,

In Debian and derivatives, I think this is called notmuch-mutt

> maildrop,

or mailagent (or fdm, which also fetches mail, can't speak to it
though..)

> msmtp,

Can anyone compare this to postfix (I only know postfix)?

> fetchmail, etc. Users can

fetchmail is so slow - ridiculous in this day and age - use mpop or
getmail from the ever courteous and supportive Osamu Aoki :)

> also fuck around with Thunderbird or Mailpile. If you're using gmail
> webinterface, good luck, it's garbage.
>
> Stuffing bloated redundant meta crap in the subject line isn't going to happen.

Thankfully.