Adding [Cypherpunks] at the beginning of a subject by default

Avinash Sonawane rootkea at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 02:07:22 PDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Vasily Kolobkov
<polezaivsani at openmailbox.org> wrote:

> Hey Avinash! No offence, but

Hello Vasily! Thanks for the reply. BTW I don't see a single reason
why would someone get offended. :)

> why don't you tweak your/choose another mail client that can sort messages for you?

As I said may lists follow the practice of prefixing the list name to
subject. It helps in quickly identifying the message without even
clicking on it.

Now about tweaking the client, which one do you use which gives the
ability to quickly spot the messages just by having a single look at
your mailbox?

Even if we filter messages we still need to click on the folder which
contains those messages. I don't see a valid reason for not saving a
user click and user's time.

That being said, if there are not enough people who get affected by
this issue and we decide to continue the current practice I am
thinking about using Gmail "Labels". :)

--
Avinash Sonawane (rootKea)
PICT, Pune