C programming/debugging mailing list?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Apr 26 23:57:31 PDT 2017

The detox program doesn't work quite right, so I'm trying to learn C to
fix it, and part of the code looks like a bug to me.

Any recommendations for appropriate mailing list to post questions?

E.g. debian-devel or perhaps something lower volume?

( This particular example:

 repo: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/detox.git

 file: src/clean_string.c

 line: from 545:
    if (new_value == -1) {
       continue;
    }

 This is dealing with malformed unicode chars in UTF-8, and I'm pretty
 sure the above should actually be:
    if (new_value == -1) {
       input_walk++;
       continue;
    }

 otherwise, if the method actually gets a malformed UTF-8 encoded unicode
 character, it looks like it will loop endlessly.

 The bug I'm looking for is a different bug again...
)

Thanks in advance,