Fwd: [tor-dev] "Anomalous keys in Tor relays" technical report now available

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 20:57:15 PDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laura M. Roberts <laurar at princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Subject: [tor-dev] "Anomalous keys in Tor relays" technical report now available
To: "tor-dev at lists.torproject.org" <tor-dev at lists.torproject.org>

Hello, Tor devs!

We have just published a (not yet peer-reviewed) technical report
entitled "Anomalous keys in Tor relays."
https://nymity.ch/anomalous-tor-keys/

The project was inspired by the "Mining Your P's and Q's" paper from
Heninger et. al., and in it, we take a closer look at the RSA keys
used in Tor since 2005. We found that entities had purposely created
anomalous keys in order to attack Tor's onion services and that
researchers had inadvertently created weak keys while conducting
experiments on Tor. (None of the weak keys we found are affecting the
current Tor network.)

We welcome your questions and feedback!

Regards,
George, Claudia, Laura, & Philipp