Why I just left reddit.

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Sat Apr 1 18:28:24 PDT 2017

> On Apr 1, 2017, at 5:30 PM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Here's what happened:
>
> 1) Someone posted in /r/privacy, with concerns about ISP monitoring.
> 2) I recommended using a VPN.
> 3) A bot flagged my post, because writing "VPN" is forbidden there.
> 4) I complained on /r/VPNs, pointing out that this is absurd.
> 5) A moderator criticized me, saying that I shill for IVPN.
> 6) I replied to the criticism, disputing the accusation.
> 7) They banned me from /r/VPNs.
>
> So I left reddit, because /r/VPNs and /r/privacy are two main reasons
> for being there. It's sad, but so it goes.

I stopped participating a while ago when i noticed that
cops seemed to congregate in any sub talking about
the most recent cop murder that hit the news, to argue
how "hard policing is" and give all sorts of lines of bullshit
to justify the latest murder, pushing down any opposing
post. They didn't all identify as cops and maybe some of
them were just scumbag cop lovers but, anyway, fuck it.