[WAR] US government set on complete destruction of Ukraine

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Sep 30 00:00:55 PDT 2016

On 09/29/2016 05:17 PM, John Newman wrote:

>>> And what is yet to be written (by old rich author) may never be finished ;)
>>
>> It's funny. I've tried reading the books, and find them tedious :( I
>> much prefer Richard Morgan's "A Land Fit for Heroes" trilogy.
>>

> I've read the first one a long time ago. I actually prefer the show over the book, in a rare reversal...
>
> Morgan's stuff is great... the little twist that the gods are actually the envoys from the Kovacs books was nice ;)

Yeah, and the space-tearing weapons of the Martians and their enemies.
But damn, there's maybe a million years of intervening story, which he
sketches out in fragments. I do wish that he'd tell it.

But then, I grew up on Anderson, Heinlein and Zelazny :)

> My favorite Morgan book is still 13 (or Black Man as it originally came out in the UK)

I read the Kovacs trilogy first, and they're still my favorites. I do
like everything that he's written, however. The genetically engineered
characters in 13 are a lot like Envoys, and he explores many of the same
issues.