Memory Hole

xorcist at sigaint.org xorcist at sigaint.org
Thu Sep 29 18:13:26 PDT 2016

> On 09/29/2016 04:05 PM, xorcist at sigaint.org wrote:
>
>> Well, considering that he was taking it hard,
>
> How do you know?

When I first heard he died, I read a few articles that were kicking around
about it, and his family and friends had mentioned it, along with his
financial troubles. Or, at least I seem to remember it that way, at any
rate.

> Some of his escapades are the stuff lost weekends gone lost years are
> made of.
>
> Have you ever heard of a psychological Fugue?

Yeah, it could be.. but it doesn't take something as extreme, or rare, as
a disassociative state to explain this, I don't think.

Hard drinking and clinical depression alone is really enough, by itself.
If you're trying to numb depression over losing a loved one while having
your finances get all fucked is enough to drive a lot people over the edge
in one way or another, especially if you're the type of person that bases
their self-worth on such things. Which, in our society, unfortunately, is
most people.

The again, a sudden shattering of self-worth can be the type of thing to
cause a disassociative state, so .. who knows.