[WAR] US government set on complete destruction of Ukraine

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Sep 26 20:55:47 PDT 2016

On 09/26/2016 08:59 PM, xorcist at sigaint.org wrote:

>> I staked out a stronger position than I actually hold, a hopefully
>> forgivable mistake in response to Zenaan's black-and-white "Russia good,
>> US
>> evil" propagandizing. Thanks for the thoughtful response.
>>

> OK, I can understand that.

:)

> Yes, there is a lot of ideological stuff like that here, it seems. I look
> at geopolitics from a merely strategic point of view, believing that the
> military planners and people in power tend to look at it in those terms
> rather than believing the bullshit that they tell the public. How could
> they? Many of them, no doubt, have contact with the media and have
> directed them what to say, in some way or another.

Right, to understand people, you need to see things as they might.

But that doesn't mean that you agree with what they say and do.

And it doesn't even mean that you are willing to take a position about
them. Sometimes, there's just no point, because there's nothing useful
about it. You just do what you're committed to, based on your own
principles and values.

> I would add, however, that from what I can tell, Putin is out-classing the
> West at nearly every turn. If there are any politicians in the U.S. that
> have a chance of out-thinking the man, I haven't heard of them.

I have no clue about that. He might just have good advisors. Or maybe he
and US leaders all work for the same people, and are just playing their
assigned roles. It's really very hard for outsiders to know.