"The Tree of Liberty will get its manure..." [Was Re:]

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Thu Sep 22 19:40:20 PDT 2016

On 09/22/2016 07:51 PM, xorcist at sigaint.org wrote:

>> Right. US military have trained heavily for this scenario, however.
>
> So? That can actually play to your advantage. With heavy training, comes
> assumptions of what to expect, and an ingrained game-plan. If you know
> what they expect, you simply do something else, and cause confusion.
>

>> Well, too weak or not, far too few of them want freedom badly enough.
>
> Yeah, the conditions for real insurrection are rare, and tends to involve
> a great deal of suffering. As a tyrannt, if you can keep the population
> fat, and entertained, you'll be alright.

That's the US overall, for sure ;)

>> That does seem to be a favorite tactic. But even if you take down the
>> national government, it's police forces and National Guard units that
>> would become feudal overlords. So armed insurrection seems pointless.
>
> Nah, you're looking at it in a vacuum. If the conditions are right to get
> a large enough force together to do something like that, there is enough
> social support to get a majority on board.
>
> Read, or review, Che Guevara's work "Guerrilla Warfare" .. he makes a
> pretty compelling case for the types of conditions that need to be met in
> order to have an effective insurrection.

I'd rather read SF ;) But even from the author and title, I'm about 90%
sure that most of the US doesn't have such conditions.

>>> If this is true, its a serious indication that the United States
>>> government is greatly weakening. Considering its importance to the west,
>>> generally, its good news all around.
>>
>> Wishful thinking.
>
> OK, so you made me go digging this up.
> https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2014/dhs-report-latest-warn-fallout-bundy-ranch-standoff
>
> Federal agents has firearms pointed at them, and stood down. DHS
> subsequently predicted a rise in anti-government and anti-police activity
> as a result. They were right about that, it would seem.

Yeah, the anti-government militias. I doubt that they're organized well
enough to accomplish much. DHS backed down to avoid bad PR is all.