In solidarity with Library Genesis and Sci-Hub [was: Sim Theory]

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Sep 22 06:52:05 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:14:53AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> Apparatus? Please. People have access to a knife, digital camera,
> computer, and internet? Right?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract_(software)
> https://opensource.com/life/15/9/open-source-extract-text-images
> (Anons should skip the cloud version, obviously.)
>
> People even routinely share books as jpeg zip archives
> leaving the OCR to others.

Ack! Ok, you caught me :P  Truth is, I'm a bit of a greedy bastard
when it comes to the few spare hours I have in life.  Some might
say lazy, but I thoroughly resemebl^H^H^H^H resent such remarks!!

And, more importantly, I can't bear the thought of actually destroying
the paperback, cutting pages away from the spine, even though I
know it is for the greater good... I would certainly never ask
Mirmir to do it with his copy of the book!  I love them too much.
Obviously there is some hypocrisy here.

> > Also, sci-hub.io seems to be down.
>
> Sea the cc or onion.

Thanks!