Sim Theory

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed Sep 21 21:34:32 PDT 2016

On 09/21/2016 04:15 AM, John Newman wrote:

>> On Sep 20, 2016, at 11:39 PM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On 09/20/2016 09:22 PM, Tom wrote:
>>> btw, I'd suggest reading Phil Plaits 'Death from the Skies!'. In this
>>> book he examines a couple of scenarios how the universe might end (among
>>> a couple other ways how we could die). Very fun read.
>>
>> There's The Killing Star by Charles R. Pellegrino and George Zebrowski.
>> Death by relativistic bombardment.
>>

> I was trying to get a copy of this book a
> while back but it's out of print and used
> prices were high (like $30).... I don't
> suppose anyone has an ePub they could
> shoot me?  Or is it worth $30 for a 1995
> paperback, maybe so...

I just have old hard copy. Maybe you can get it through a library. Or
find a torrent, maybe.

> BTW Mirmir I've read and enjoyed Accelerando
> and Diaspora... I'll have to check out the
> Jean le Flambeur stuff....

'Quantum Thief' opens with prisoner's dilemma selection. Make numerous
digital copies, select for copies that cooperate, repeat.

"As always, before the warmind and I shoot each other, I try to make
smalltalk."